Hardwood Flooring Maintenance Tips
Hardwood flooring is a great looking and highly functional floor for both business and home alike. it is important to maintain a valuable investments, and wood floors ARE a valuable investment. They are incredibly versatile and can lend a space a sense of prestige, modernity, or timelessness.
Regular cleaning, maintenance, and refinishing are needed to keep hardwood floors looking their best.The following maintenance is recommended not only by Cleanpro professional but also the National Wood Flooring Association (NWFA)
Recommended Maintenance Schedule:
- Daily – Clean the floors of debris by using a dust mop or sweeping on a daily basis. This keeps the floors looking great and can prevent dirt from embedding into the floor and prevent scratches as well.
- Weekly – Vacuum using a vacuum cleaner that has a bare floor setting. This can remove particles that may have been swept or somehow found its way between floorboards. Don’t forget to use the crevice tool to clean around the edges.
- Monthly – Clean with a wood flooring cleaner. This cleans up the greases and oils that come in contact with the floor.
- Every year – Have a maintenance coat applied. This is an easy and cost effective way to revitalize finished hardwood floors.
- Every 3-5 years – Refinish floors. You can have the wood floors sanded and refinished, but this option can be messy. But if the floors are scratched down to the wood or you want a color change, then this option may be necessary. Sandless refinishing is often a better option for refinishing as it is cleaner and can be done quicker!
At Rocky Mountain Cleanpro, we offer hardwood floor maintenance services. We can clean, maintain, and refinish hardwood flooring in residential and commercial settings. Rocky Mountain Cleanpro offers a floor cleaning system so highly convenient. There is no sanding or sawdust, just a timely appointment designed to create as little downtime for you as possible. We clean your hardwood floors using a product that will clean the dirt, grease, oils, and grime from floors and leave it streak free. We can also apply a maintenance coat of finish yearly as recommended. Keeping your floors looking bright, professional, and clean.